- See More About:
- Lunchtime Site
By Alan Bullington
Al Bullington writes about healthy living as well as a variety of other interests he has.
There are far more than 15 fat burning foods that can speed weight loss. But eating special foods is only part of the story as you can see if you read on.
Can 15 fat burning foods be helpful in the quest to lose weight? Maybe and maybe not… For sure, some foods will help you feel full and satisfy food cravings. That’s one way to eat less and maintain a given weight or even lose some pounds.
That’s certainly a step in the right direction.
Here are 15 radical food ideas for dropping some fat. And here’s some background for these slightly odd suggestions.
Maybe you know that a couple of hormones largely control how your body uses carbohydrates. The ratio of the two hormones is critical to the way you use sugar.
The two critical hormones produced in the pancreas are glucagon and insulin.
Glucagon directs the liver to release sugars. That raises the blood sugar for use by the brain especially and then for the rest of the body as well. Glucagon provides signals for the cells to release fat for energy and work and to release protein for it’s functions.
Insulin works to put nutrients into cells.
Thus insulin controls or regulates the transfer of fats, proteins and sugars from the bloodstream into the cells. When excess sugar is available, insulin signals the liver to produce fat.
Glucagon is released when proteins are eaten. Insulin is released when carbohydrates are eaten. Neither is released when you eat fats or non-starchy foods.
If carbohydrates are eaten alone, the insulin to glucagon ratio is too high. If protein is eaten alone, the insulin to glucagon ratio is too low.
Eat a balanced meal with protein, fats, non-starchy vegetables and carbohydrates and you can have a balanced insulin to glucagon ratio which can burn fat and build muscle. Eating a balanced meal will not lead to fat production, it could even lead to fat loss. Also a balanced meal will not lead to muscle loss, it could even lead to muscle gain.
Following are 15 fat burning foods ideas.
With the background in the first paragraphs, you can see that just eating a few selected foods will not magically cause weight loss. However, changing the mix of foods along with getting exercise to increase metabolism means an answer to real weight loss.
1. Coconut oil – many positives of coconut oil, including little fat production from eating it.
2. Salmon – high protein and some fats like in salmon along with carbohydrates means a balanced insulin to glucagon ration.
3. Whole grain breads – slower sugar release than processed grains, means less insulin response.
4. Asparagus – a non-starchy vegetable works even with cheese sauce.
5. Cabbage – used many different ways especially helpful as a filler.
6. Kale – high in calcium plus you can easily grow it yourself.
7. Chicken – balances salads and other dishes.
8. Garlic – use it however you can for taste as well as health benefits.
9. Green beans – fills you up but non-starchy so little effect on insulin to glucagon ratio.
10. Cod liver oil – an important supplement for Vitamins A and D.
11. Bitters – example is Swedish Bitters, helpful for digesting fats.
12. Bell peppers – another sweet tasting non-starchy vegetable surprisingly helpful.
13. Summer squash – good with light cheese sauces or in simple casseroles.
14. Cheese – in limited amounts, preferably fresh, since aged cheeses include damaged fats.
15. Eggs – contains proteins plus fats to satisfy hunger and combine well with carbohydrates.
Include any non-starchy vegetables to fill you up without disrupting proper hormone ratios. As you can see, there are many more than 15 fat burning foods useful for weight loss and good health.
About the Author: Grab more tips for starting a
at our lens. If you’re just thinking about starting or expanding a natural soap business check out our
soap making business
blog at: http://soapbusiness.blogspot.com. Please check it out.